Saturday, February 4, 2012

Soft Pretzels! Super Bowl Mania! (attempt #1)

Well I decided to try my hand at soft pretzels to have a nice snack for my friends to eat when they come over to watch the super bowl tomorrow. (Alton Brows recipe) Now, I've never even HAD a soft pretzel before, let alone made them, so this was gonna be a crap shoot.  The process was easier than it seemed, and I'm happy with the results, but with a little tweaking I can make them a lot prettier for tomorrow.

I did things a little out of sequence (oops) and I rolled them out BEFORE I set the water to boil. doh! This waiting allowed them to puff up a little too much again before I dropped them in. Tomorrow, when I roll them out, I will do so a bit thinner, and have the water/baking soda mixture ready to go.

The flavor is very good, and I am overall happy with try #1 and look forward to another go at it tomorrow! Going to be a great day...good friends, good football and...good food!



Stay tuned! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment