Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sweet Potato Bread with Maple Glaze...round two.

Today marked the revisit of last nights disaster with this recipe.  I was fortunate to have a "guest baker" with me in the kitchen today, fellow culinary classmate, Michelle Faye!  We had a great time and I was glad she could help out!

Today went MUCH better, and we were both very pleased with the outcome.  The differences between yesterday and today were: I used cooking spray instead of buttering the pan; I let it cook ~15 mins longer (1hr 10 mins total) and I added about 75% more cinnamon for a little more flavor. Also, I let it TOTALLY cool before flipping it out of the pan (thanks, chef bland :Þ)  Michelle made the glaze and it was delicious!

 Last recipe for this week will be the revisit of this weeks first foray into regular potato breads using this recipe.

Successful day, guys! Thanks for the advice and support! =)

Sweet Potato Bread with Maple Glaze:  Attempt #2







2 comments:

  1. I'm glad it worked out better. It looks like a dessert more than a savory bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah chef, its definitely on the sweeter side, but I was glad to still be able to taste the sweet potato flavor itself...good stuff

    ReplyDelete