Monday, January 9, 2012

Well this just happened! hehe

Just got my loaf of sweet potato bread out of the oven..it felt stable after baking for 60 mins, passed numerous toothpick tests, I even let it carry over bake awhile...then this happened when I went to gently roll it out of the pan:


Turns out it could have used a few more minutes, ya think? :P I see a darker spot that wasnt cooked fully near the middle that missed my toothpicking. Oh, well! You win some, you lose some.  We shall meet again, sweet potato bread!  

I did however taste the parts of it that were done fully.  It honestly tasted a bit bland, so i intend to add some additional brown sugar and perhaps some ginger when I give this another crack, later this week. :)  Tomorrow or the next day I will retry this weeks first potato bread recipe...

3 comments:

  1. Add some cinnamon and pecans too! Yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! There was cinnamon as well as cloves in this, but i might even add more of those...was actually thinking of pecans or cranberries also for texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I end up with this every time I make a cake for someone else. It's inevitable the damn thing is going to stick and I'm going to have to plastic surgery it into prettiness. Oh well.

    I have used dried cranberries and walnuts in sweet potato bread before and it's turned out very tasty.

    ReplyDelete