Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week 2: Potato Breads

Week 2 starts off with a pretty standard potato bread recipe for me.(you can look at it here I wanted to get it going early this week because i want to try a couple variations on it, including a tasty idea for a sweet potato bread with ginger (thanks for the idea, muroki!)  I have the dough proofing now, will update with results!

UPDATE:  Attempt one was hit and miss. First off, this loaf wouldn't win beauty pageants but I saw a lot of promise in texture and rise. The misshapen aspect of it is my fault, it got late and I didn't take as much time forming the dough in the pan as I will next time. smelled great, but it cooked a bit unevenly on the inside, again probably due to not forming it correctly prior to the final rise. Can't wait to try this again, most likely tomorrow. Should be good, lots of good potential here!


No comments:

Post a Comment